My younger sister, Lisa, had her own definition of Labor Day. At 4:41 p.m., all 6 lbs. 15 oz. and 20 in. of cute little Ashlynn Susan Jastal graced our presence! The baby was just fine, but Lisa had some complications for a few days. She is doing much better now.

The proud new parents:
The new grandpa:
Anyway, we also hiked to the Timpanogos Caves in the morning, swam all afternoon, and had a BBQ dinner. The hike to the caves was actually a decent workout! I have no room to complain though, seeing as Marc and Michelle each carried a child the whole way and I only had my sweatshirt.
Bennett waving hi to us on the hike up (I know it's blurry, but it was too cute):
7 comments:
I so hear you on the Ryan story. Matt had a dream that he had triplets. He told me the next morning that he now knows what it's like to have a baby. Boys will be boys.
guys think they know everything. mark always tells people my contractions "weren't that bad." really, mark??
AAAAHAHAHA! I love that. And I loved Megan and Lisa's comments.
Congrats Lisa!
FACT: I lived in Provo for 6 years. FACT: I've never hiked the Timp caves.
RESULT: I'm sad about it.
OTHER THOUGHT: Sounds like an awesome holiday except that you didn't spend it to come see me.
Yay! Congrats to Lisa! Ryan is funny. I would have to say that the days before the birth were a piece of cake. Birth, not so much. Epidural = heaven. And the few days after birth for me were actually pretty hard. I'll hand it to him on that point. Maybe because Sam's head is the size of a watermelon.
actually, ryan is pretty on. at least in my case. labor was great. but i did have my epidural before my contractions started and i was pretty drugged up so i got to sleep thru it a lot. and the complications didn't make it the easiest after.
congrats to lisa and her husband!
Post a Comment