So we ate a super healthy, carb-free dinner tonight... minus the healthy part... and the carb-free part. But it was dang good! Ryan found a great recipe for fried chicken, which he even modified to make it better all on his own! Then I whipped up some other side dishes to go along with it, including homemade biscuits that Ryan requested at the last minute. Since I have never made biscuits before, I didn't have a biscuit cutter. So in honor of Valentine's Day and the Superbowl (even though we weren't honoring the Superbowl), our heart and football shaped cookie cutters became the biscuit cutters.
I love Ryan's awkwardly-fitting blue dog shirt. Seriously, we have made a lot of memories while wearing it! It makes an appearance every once in a while, usually while doing messy cooking things. The best part about this whole fried chicken ordeal was that we remembered we had a burner on our grill, so our apartment doesn't stink for a whole week like nasty fried food because we just do it outside!!!
If you look closely, you can tell it's a football. There's 3 ridges at the top-- definitely a football! Ryan didn't know that I was paying attention but I noticed he only ate the football biscuits, so to make it even I only ate heart ones.
5 comments:
Wow, you've been busy! I'm jealous of your January. I never liked January either! But it sounds like yours was pretty awesome.
Your treadmill story was so hilarious. And it's even more funny that you actually listened to it and didn't run!
The footballs were very fitting...for the day, for Ryan, for your life. Don't get a biscuit cutter.
I agree with Tiffany's comment :) and ... wanna send me your biscuit recipe?! Breadish recipes and I don't usually get along, but those look pretty dang good for a first try... maybe even I can make them!!
How about those biscuits looked amazing. That cake looked amazing. And those banana splits...beyond amazing. Your blog has officially made my mouth water this evening. Love ya.
love the shirt
Post a Comment