
Never in a million years would I have thought that Congenital Heart Disease would be something that has affected me in the way that it has. Today is the beginning of a week long awareness for CHD (Feb. 7-14th), and ironically it is the 7 month anniversary of the day that our precious nephew passed away from CHD. Since then, I have known several other people who have had babies born with CHD, including my good friend/college roommate, Heather. It has opened up a whole new world that I never would have paid much attention to, but yet is SO important and could still affect me and you in the future.
My sister, Lisa, has started a team to raise money for the American Heart Association's Heart Walk this fall and can start raising money now. If any of you out there feel like you have some amount of money to donate (ANY amount), it would be greatly appreciated. Lisa's team is a "Mom's with Heart" team, meaning that all funds raised will be donated to pediatric research. Her specific donation page is called "Aaron's Angels" and you can click here to donate.
Oh, how I love and miss this sweet boy!
3 comments:
Just an FYI cash and check donations can be made if it wont let you do the amount you want online! just contact me or brittney!
Love the pictures of that sweet Angel Aaron. Thanks for posting this and the other CHD awareness stuff. You're the best.
I loved this post. Very tender. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment