Monday, October 15, 2012

Running

One of the two of them did all the running, while the other one just sat and drank the water. ;)
Now that we're out of the heat and humidity of summer, Ryan and I have been itching to start running again.  It always sounds like a good plan until it actually comes time to go out and run.  We both definitely needed some motivation, so we signed up for a race on Thanksgiving Day.  It's a 5 mile Turkey Trot through downtown Columbus and it looks pretty fun.  While I consider 5 miles to be a little more than a trot, it's what I needed to give me that push to start again.  It only took about a week this time to get back into the swing of it, but Ryan and I are going strong with running most days and it feels so good.  One of the best purchases we recently made was a clear weather cover for our stroller so that Lucy can still enjoy the ride but not be affected by the weather.  She hates wind in her face and there have been a lot of cold, windy fall days, as well as some rain, and this thing keeps her super warm and dry the whole time.  So, here we go again!  Yay!

No comments: