Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sick

Poor Lucy was sick for about two months straight.  Luckily, she got better just as we went to New York.    That didn't last long though because when we got back, she had her doctor's appointment where she got shots.  She's never really had much of a reaction to the shots, so I wasn't worried, but this time she woke up in the middle of the night screaming, soaking with sweat, and with a 103 degree fever.  She couldn't walk on or put pressure on her leg for a couple of days because it hurt so bad.  One time she had a knot the size of a golf ball sticking out of her leg.  I felt so bad for her.  This picture was her at 4am, stripped of her hot pj's and watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse to console her.  When I put her somewhere, she couldn't move because her leg hurt so bad, so even though she was mad I took her off my lap to go get her medicine, she wasn't very vocal about it because she knew that me moving her again and holding her would hurt worse.  I'm glad that's over... except now she's sick again with another cold.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor Girl (and Mom) :( She looks cute and snuggly though

jastalfam said...

Aww my poor baby :-(

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Poor girl! I feel so bad for her!