Sunday, August 11, 2013

Cornhole

I knew Ryan liked to play cornhole and although the game is everywhere now, it's kind of a midwest thing.  In fact, it's HUGE in Ohio.  So I thought it would be fun to get Ryan a cornhole set for his birthday.  They are super expensive to buy (hundreds of $$), but we have a friend in our ward who makes them and only charged me for the materials, which made it way cheap.  They even painted it royal "BYU blue" for us, too!  I figured I would order some BYU decals to put on it as well, but I let Ryan choose them after he opened it on his birthday because I knew he'd want to.  He decided to paint one a darker blue, so we had one of each of BYU's blue colors.  He then painted stripes down the middle that look like the sleeve of their football uniforms (or helmets?) and added the decals he ordered online.  He had to do some intricate painting on one of the decals to make it look right with the board.  Ryan finished off the project by weatherproofing them with a coat of varnish.  He always gets into projects and loves having one, so I think he really enjoyed doing this!  Now I just have to figure out how to thread the bobbin on my sewing machine so I can sew the cornhole bags!

Here's how they started out:
 And here's the finished product!  Now we're ready for tailgating before the games.... by ourselves out here in Ohio. ;)

2 comments:

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

Oh my goodness, this made me laugh. I love y'alls dedication to our alma mater! They turned out awesome! We are going to a BYU football game this fall and are beyond excited! Come join us! :)

Tiffany said...

Those are SAWEEET! I seriously want some....