Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Claire: 3 months

Claire turned the much anticipated 3 months a few weeks ago on January 3rd.  Three months is that magical age where all of a sudden they are growing out of that newborn crying stage and become more interactive.  Claire has been such a sweet girl, it's been so fun to have her in our family.  And in case you were wondering, her cheeks are still nice and chubby. :)  Since there's no 3 month well-check I don't have height/weight stats, but here is a little about her at 3 months.
  • Gave her first real-deal laugh a few weeks ago and smiles a lot.
  • Loves attention and will often just get a little fussy until you start to play with her.
  • Claire LOVES Lucy.  She will watch her go all over and keep her eyes on her and just randomly smile at Lucy all the time.  
  • Easily entertained by rattles, toys, anything that can be shaken/dance/whatever in front of her face.
  • Still sleeps solely on her belly but she moves all over that crib!  I put her down at one end an she ends up at the other, in the corner, with her body the other way.  Unfortunately she goes crooked and ends up banging into the crib over and over until it wakes her up. Still a better problem than losing a pacifier or continually coming unswaddled.
  • Still sleeping great. Yay!
  • Only seems to have reflux if we feed her too much.  Not really even when she's had a little cold or anything.
  • Hates pacifiers, but starting to be a serious thumb sucker.
  • She loves baths so much that as soon as we bring her in the bathroom and start the water she instantly calms down and becomes super content.
  • Starting to get consistent with naps.  Is up for somewhere between 1.5 and 2 hours and then goes down for a nap for an hour or two.  It's nice to get some consistency in there.
I love this picture of Claire.  Lucy decided to accessorize her one day.  Lucy's living doll. ;)  Claire was obviously happy about it.
She sits in the bumbo now... for about one minute until it makes her spit up everywhere.  But I think she likes the new view here and there.
 Getting fed very well by Lucy (all fake food, except for the Wheaties Lucy tried to shove in Claire's mouth this morning).
 My cute view at night just after bath and bottle and right before I take her up at night.  I love soaking in her cuteness right after bath and bottle and just before I take her up to bed.  Sweet, sweet girl!

No comments: