Sunday, March 16, 2014

Claire Bear

A few days ago, the nap-stars didn't align and Lucy was asleep while Claire was awake.  I was loving my rare alone time with Claire as she laid on her back and cooed and babbled at me for a long time while I had my face right next to hers. Her mouth was trying so hard to move in all different ways, and she was so relaxed and content while grabbing my face, hair, nose, and whatever else she could that was within the vicinity.  The sounds she made seemed so "matter-of-fact," like she knew just what she was talking about.  I had the sudden urge to go grab my phone and record her "talking" because it was so cute and I wanted to be able to remember it forever, but I knew that as soon as I got up to get it, she would probably get distracted, roll over, and be done with the moment and on to the next thing.  So instead I just laid there with her and soaked it all in as best as I could and enjoyed that time with her.  A few minutes later, she rolled over and got distracted by a toy and, as I predicted, the moment ended.  I couldn't help but run and grab my camera and take a few pictures of my happy girl.  I don't have video-proof of these few minutes, but at least I have these pictures that will hopefully remind me of that precious time I soaked in that day with my little Claire Bear.

No comments: