I really wanted to make New Year's Eve a fun day/night as a family this year. For the past few years, I have either had a newborn, or a toddler that doesn't sleep at all and screams all day, so I haven't been very excited or motivated by a new year. This year, however, felt totally different. I was excited for the New Year, set some goals, and wanted to kick it off with a bang! I hung up some balloons for the girls and had a time written on each one that had us do something throughout the day. One was to fill out our New Year's questionnaire, another one was to go bowling, and a glow-in-the-dark bath was included as well. We found an awesome countdown on YouTube that we used as an early countdown for the kids. Their celebration was at about 7:30. Right before we had our little celebration, and totally last-minute, we had the Madsen's come over to join us. It was a fun, spontaneous countdown and dance party! Once everyone was gone and the kids were in bed, Ryan and I busted out a bunch of snacks and fake bubbly and hung out until the real countdown at midnight! It was such a fun day!



















No comments:
Post a Comment