Remember coming to college for the first time and everyone warning you about the "freshman 15"? Yeah. Well, I think this concept applies to the first few months of marriage, too. Or maybe it's just me. Either way, what better way to get rid of those extra pounds than to run 180 miles, right?
Ryan and I are officially members of a Ragnar Relay team. There are 12 people on a team and you each run 3 different legs, ranging from easy to very hard. They have one of these in Utah, where people run from Logan to Park City. The one Ryan and I are doing though starts in The Valley of Fire and ends on the strip in Las Vegas. It's a beautiful route through the red rocks and around Lake Mead. It starts at 9pm and you run all night until about 5am. Due to the dynamics of the team, Ryan and I are both scheduled to run the "very hard" routes (long, uphill, etc.). Yikes! We just started our training program and will be running it on October 9th/10th!

On another note, I've recently decided that Primary is the new birth control. It is IMPOSSIBLE to entertain a bunch of 5-year-olds for longer than 10 minutes (on a good day). Seriously. The last teacher these kids had completely wore out ANY game... Simon Says, Tic-Tac-Toe, and even coloring. And don't try hangman because they can't read. Any time we mention one of those games we get a simultaneous "NOOOOOO" and the next thing you know, kids are rolling around on the floor, crying in the corner, talking to themselves, etc. So, the point of bringing this up is to ask if any of you have any suggestions/games for keeping the CTR-5's entertained? Preferably something we can add a church twist to? Thanks!

4 comments:
ha ha! the Marriage 15...so true. Also laughing at the primary kids! First of all, I think your race sounds so awesome. Jared and I have a friend here that flew to Utah and did the Logan to Park City one. It sounds cool! Primary games...hmmm, you could maybe do role play? like they dress up and act out scripture stories. Or you could have them try and sing primary songs? how can they not like coloring?!??! AHHHHH!!!!
well, first there's the engagement -15. then there's the marriage 15. so basically, dieting goes no where. :(
That race is going to be so rad! Awesome possum - tell us all about it! As for the 5-years-olds... here are some things we did in nursery - granted they are younger, but I think some of these might work.
*Playdough - it's not actually that messy. (Eating was the real issue of us.)
*Beanbag tossing.
*Bubbles.
*Sheet over a table. They loved playing underneath.
*Pretend. They especially liked going into space. But they liked being animals too.
*Ring-A-Round the Rosie and song/dance things like that.
*Made up instruments like noodles in a toilet paper roll.
And connecting these with the gospel... well, we didn't even try! Haha! Good luck!!!
I totally gained weight after I got married. Ugh. And way to go running the hard part! Good luck! I've never been a runner (as you know!) so more power to you.
I like the other peoples' suggestions of role play. You can start collecting things like paper towel rolls to use as swords for BOM stories, etc.
Post a Comment