Thursday, March 25, 2010

Cereal Party!

Back in my condo rows days, we would have cereal parties about once a week where everyone would gather in some apartment, bring their own bowl (b.y.o.b.) and eat cereal (usually just sugary kinds) to their heart's desire. Those were the good old days.... {before my metabolism came to a complete and utter halt.}

Since then, I have tried to ween myself off of sugary cereals, which must have worked because I don't really like sugar cereal anymore. In fact, I actually crave healthy cereal. Too bad I haven't been able to master that with cupcakes (how great life would be if only I craved brussels sprouts).

But speaking of sugar cereal and cupcakes, Ryan and I discovered a new treasure while scanning Wal-Mart's cereal isle late last night: Pebbles Cupcake cereal.

Ryan insisted on trying it as soon as we got home last night. I didn't want to quite yet, knowing I am very vulnerable to bad foods late at night, but we did it... and I can report that the whole box was gone just 12 hours (and 1200 calories, not including milk) after buying it. Don't judge... it was a very small box! Anyway, Ryan didn't love it, but I did (which maybe I shouldn't admit since you can now probably guess that it wasn't Ryan who polished this box off). Well, I'm off to the gym to go burn 1200 calories (yeah right). Maybe I should fold laundry after that since we've been pulling socks and underwear from a basket for the last week. Whoops.

7 comments:

Annie said...

oh my, those look super tasty... i am glad that i know another late night sugar craver besides me!! :) (btw, I have done much worse than a box of cereal!! :))

Ryan and Brittney said...

What? It's gone?!?! I only ate 1/2 a bowl!

Brittney said...

You wouldn't have ever noticed....

Anonymous said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one that (usually) prefers non-sugar cereal. I'm a huge fan of Cheerios, Kix and Vanilla Almond Special K. Yummy!!!

Kristen said...

Ha ha! Cupcake cereal? What is the world coming to? You'd better buy a ton of boxes before they don't make it anymore.

Ryan and Kiley said...

we're CTC fans over here. Ryan's healthy version of that? Cinnamon Life. Yup. I used to be a healthy cereal girl ... but now I'm in my rut of Raisin Bran. Silly, I know. I also like Multi Grain Cheerios -- But as far as Kashi or anything like that I kind of hate buying it because Ryan refuses to touch my healthy stuff.

Brad said...

Long line the cereal parties. Getting that at the grocery store tomorrow.