Monday, March 8, 2010

The Roof

For a wedding gift, Ryan and I were given a "night out on the town," with a generous gift card to the Roof Restaurant at Temple Square in Salt Lake. We redeemed it a few weeks ago on Saturday, February 19th. We decided that since we were going all the way up to SLC, we would take a trip to the temple beforehand. We sure lucked out with a beautiful sunset that night and gorgeous skies to look at from up on the top floor.

Let's be honest though, me and really nice buffets don't get along well. Actually, we get along great, but throw a scale in the mix after eating and it's bad news bears. Want to make yourself feel better about eating an extra cookie or two this last weekend? Well, let me help you out. I not only out-ate Ryan by probably an extra plateful of food, but my dessert plate was the real kicker: 5 (yes, FIVE) whole pieces of triple-layer cake, a piece of key lime pie, a bowl of berry mousse and a couple of pieces of fruit (probably covered in chocolate). It was sick, and while I loved every minute of it at the time, I hated having to run twice as long as normal the next week just to burn off dessert. Too bad I didn't take a picture of it. Despite feeling like I needed to be rolled out of the restaurant afterwards, it was fun to get a little dressed up and go out to a nice place!


3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Love that place. It really does have the best dessert buffet.

Megan & Matt said...

You look so pretty Britt! I think we should go there one time together and see who can out eat each other.

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting a picture of you and your husband at The Roof Restaurant - it is great to see people enjoying our restaurants on Temple Square! Did you know that we have a new Dining at Temple Square Blog? If you're interested, check it out at http://templesquarehospitality.com/blogs/dining

We have just started posting content for it, but we would love guest submissions! If you are interested, e-mail me a picture or two of you in The Roof and 1-2 paragraphs of your story/memories of your experience there.
My e-mail is JBarnes@templesquarehospitality.com Thank you!