Monday, August 2, 2010

Chocolate Cake Shake

This last week I was in Chicago for work. I LOVE Chicago and every time I go I convince myself that I could live there in a heartbeat. Then again, I've only been there between the months of May through September. I'm sure a good Chicago winter would change my thinking, but until I experience that, I'm still convinced of the greatness of the city and its northern suburbs.

Anyway, it was apparently a slow week for Marriott's Springhill Suites because the front desk people were always asking if I wanted them to shuttle me somewhere... the mall, a restaurant, whatever. I contemplated the mall for about .2 seconds and instead had them take me to Portillo's for a chocolate cake shake. Priorities, people! If you ever go to Chicago, a Portillo's chocolate cake shake is a must (they're famous for their chocolate cake, and the shake has chunks of the actual cake in it. I guess they're also famous for their hot dogs, but of course I care more about the cake)!

3 comments:

Pete and Bekah Ackerman said...

We used to love Portillo's!! Man- that makes me miss Chicago! Lucky you!

jastalfam said...

i dont know if it would be as good but sammy's down here in provo has cupcake shakes so similar idea. i'll go get one with you! ;)

Ryan and Kiley said...

you have to let me know the next time you come into town!! it would be SO FUN to catch up with you!! we just arrived this last week... and i am still living in boxes but we are getting there. we love chicago so far ... and i cant wait to try the chocolate cake shake. i think i still owe you a response to the email you sent last month with the chicago must-do's....sorry for the delay, things have been crazy!!