Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Moving

It's official, so now I can make the official announcement. We're moving to Ohio. Never in a million years did I think I would ever live in Ohio again! Ryan got a new job doing HR for MARS (the chocolate, not the planet) out in Washington Court House, Ohio.... or what I like to call the middle of nowhere. Thankfully MARS flew us out there to check out the area and we found a nice Columbus suburb to live in that takes us just about 6 miles outside of downtown. Now I have a better chance of finding a job myself and we can make friends with people that are younger than the age of 70 and that drive cars, not tractors. Aaaand, we may or may not have relatives move very close to us... but that's only 99% official. So we can't make that announcement yet... but they would regret not coming. Just sayin'. ;)

Ryan is actually working in MARS' petcare division. Did you know that MARS makes pet food? They do Whiskas, Pedigree, Royal Canan, Wal-Mart brand, Kirkland (Costco), etc. They also make Uncle Ben's rice, Gum (orbit, extra, wrigley's), Dove chocolate, M&M's, Snickers, Starburst, etc. etc. etc.

Anyway, this is all happening very fast as Ryan starts December 27th (working just one day in a year gives you a whole complete year of vesting... so we chose that start date instead of in January), and then we start the trek out on January 1st. It's bitter-sweet. We hate leaving our family and friends here in Utah, but it was an opportunity we couldn't pass up and exactly the next career step Ryan has been looking for. I am so happy that Ryan is so excited about this position and I can't wait for our adventures in Ohio!
This is where they actually make the pet food. Believe it or not, there are offices in there, too.
And everyone can keep in mind that we will have more than one bedroom where we live, so plenty of room for visitors! :)

16 comments:

Gail said...

I have had to bite my tongue for a few weeks and it's been hard! It's bitter-sweet (punn intended) for me also because they will be so far away. . . but sweet because I can see them about every three months when I go to visit my family! AND OHIO is one of the greatest states to live in!! AND you have real college football right in Columbus. By the way Ryan their colors are RED and gray and white. very similar to UTAH. Just had to throw that in there! Love ya and will miss you so much!! We will have the annual Halloween party still. . . . get ready for company in Oct.

The Wigginton Family said...

OH my gosh Britt! I can't believe you are moving back to OHIO! What the heck? I guess selfishly I am totally thrilled because Ohio is closer to New York and that possibly means I'll actually get to see your cute little face sometime in the near future...maybe? please? Love you girl. So glad RyRy found a job!

jastalfam said...

i'm so excited you guys are moving so close to columbus! now we wont have to travel from toledo when we want to come out to see any buckeye football or bball games!

Amy said...

This is all I have to say . . . :( :( :( !!! I'm going to miss you guys! Of course, I'm so happy about the job and the new adventure you guys get to go on... But, it won't be the same here without you guys!

Rachael said...

Wahoo!! We'll be coming right behind you in the fall!! :)

NJ said...

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!! CANNOT WAIT! No relatives should move near you. NO! That way you'll want to spend all of your time with us! :)

Kristen said...

Congrats! That is really exciting for you guys! Although now I won't get to see you on my random Utah trips... Looks like Dan and I will have to plan a trip to Cedar Point. I don't know my Ohio geography, but it can't be that far from Columbus, can it?

Anonymous said...

WHAT?!?!?!!? I won't even get to say BYE!!!! :(

Excited for you, though!!! Just sad to have my favorite neighbors gone! :p

Jody said...

Wow! That's exciting! What suburb are you moving to? My brother and his family live in Galloway. Hope this month isn't too stressful for you!

Chris and Jenn Roundy said...

Congrats on the new job! So exciting! I have family in Dayton, so we've been out there quite a few times and think that area is really pretty. I'm sure you guys will enjoy it!

Julie said...

That's so exciting!! I'm glad that Ryan was able to find such a good job. I wish my sister still lived in Columbus. Then I could visit the both of you! Anyway, good luck with the moving and I can't wait to hear more about Ohio.

Camie said...

Congrats you guys!! Ohio is awesome, and Washington CH is the proud owner of my favorite outlets! Good luck on your move!

-Derek and Erica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan and Kiley said...

Britt-- Congrats to Ryan! That's such great news!! Its hard (and such a pain) to move, but it will be so great for you guys! I just mapped how far it was from Chicago (we midwesterners gotta stick together- is Ohio considered East?) its kind of far, but maybe we can meet in the middle? :)

Betsy said...

Wow, exciting and crazy how fast. Well good luck, have fun, and keep us updated.

Shaylee said...

How crazy and exciting! Good luck with everything.