Sunday, December 12, 2010

Unique L.A.

Ryan and I took a quick trip down to Los Angeles this weekend so that Michelle and I could participate in a design show called Unique L.A. that was held in the California Market Center in the fashion district. This was a LOT of work, but it was so nice to at least enjoy a little sunny, warm weather and play-with-nephews-time in the midst of it all! It was such a fun atmosphere at this event and crazy to see how creative some people are. We had a lot of fun at the show, met some great people with nice comments and helpful tips, and learned a lot of things we would add/do a little different at future shows.

Also, if you need a last-minute Christmas gift (or if you're way ahead of the game, a Valentine's Day gift) for a wife, girlfriend, mom, mother-in-law, sister, child, niece, nephew... really, anyone.... go here. :)
Aprons, aprons, everywhere....
Our business card passer-outer wearing his little boy monster apron. People pay so much more attention to a cute little boy than a bunch of adults.
Another cute "behind-the-scenes" helper.
Who wouldn't want one of these cute cake boxes with cute ribbons holding a cute apron under their Christmas tree this year?
This was during vendors-only time, but shortly after the doors were opened this place was swamped all day long (and it was a maze in that place... very easy to get lost). It helped that we were right next to the cafe area that sold the best grilled cheese sandwiches ever and right next to a popular chocolate booth that had lines all day.
I was kind of dreading coming back knowing that not only do I have to work all day everyday this next week, but I have to pack everything. Our moving dates have changed a little bit. The movers are coming in exactly one week (the 20th) and Ryan and I start driving ourselves to Ohio on the 25th. Yep, Christmas day. It's a long story, but the short of it is that we save a TON of money by leaving on the 25th instead of the 26th. I've only had one breakdown so far and it was a few days ago, so I'm sure everything will be fine and go smoothly and the blizzards will pause as we drive across the entire country smack-dab during the middle of winter......

5 comments:

Annie said...

Brittney! What? You know Michelle? I live right next to her! What a small world, she is great :)

Ryan and Kiley said...

love LA and the fashion district. your set up with the Christmas trees looks awesome! (and so do your aprons!!) good luck with all the moving stuff... totally been there. its overwhelming, exhausting (physically and emotionally) but you can do it!!!

NJ said...

Okay, that is mega stressful, but I believe in you! You'll make it!! And Ohio is going to be so super awesome! And I'm going to buy one of your aprons one of these days... MIL next time I have to get her a present since Christmas is covered.

Rachael said...

:( i dont like that you have to leave so soon

Courtney said...

Great job on the aprons, looks amazing.
OK, so I wanted to respond to your last post- I was nursing Suzy when I read it though so I had no hands free. but anyways! AHHH You are moving to Ohio. That's awesome. My brother and his wife live in Columbus and are going to Ohio State. Maybe you will meet them. I SOOOOOOO wish you were moving to Arkansas, but maybe one day! I'll keep hoping.
Eat some Joe's for the both of us before you go, ok?!