Friday, March 11, 2011

Employed!

That's right, I will no longer be sitting at home eating bon-bons all day like some people thought I was doing. ;) I was really applying for anything and everything, HR or not, in hopes of making myself useful somehow. And lo and behold, I ended up with an HR job! As much as I really wished for a job from the minute we got here, I feel like it was a little blessing in disguise that I didn't get one until now because my body still majorly felt the aftermath of the surgery up until a few weeks ago. But I prayed a lot and had faith that everything was working out the way it should... and it has!

So, that being said, I am now in the Office of Human Resources at The Ohio State University as a Talent Management Program Coordinator. I can't wait to start and have something to get up and go do everyday. Speaking of....

why is it sometimes hard to appreciate what your life is like sometimes? Like how I complained for so long about being at home with nothing to do, and now I'm getting nervous about how I won't be able to sleep in, and wondering when I am going to make dinner and do laundry, etc. (and yes, I realize that this is nothing to really stress about and that tons of people do it everyday- I'm just not used to it). I guess the whole "joy in the journey" thing is a work-in-progress for me sometimes. But when I think about it, I really have enjoyed each step of the process!

I start the new job as soon as I buy a car to drive myself to work with (seriously). haha. Any suggestions?
We celebrated with some tasty shakes and some BYU Basketball! We were actually waiting in line at Coldstone, but the line was long and slow and we didn't want to miss any Jimmer action, so we opted for a drive-through with no line. :) And we were too busy cheering to take a non-blurry picture... haha.
And speaking of employment, Ryan's current place of employment was handing out t-shirts in the shape of a dog bone to announce a big meeting. It makes me wonder what he would get if he worked in the chocolate division of MARS. Someday maybe....

5 comments:

Amanda Ann Hansen said...

Hooray!! Congratulations Brittney! I'm so glad it all worked out for you. You'll find time for it all somehow.

NJ said...

HOORAY! Congratulations! You are amazing. Two months. No previous connections. Recovery from surgery. This job market. And boom, you have a great job. I'm seriously impressed!

Annie said...

Nice Brittney! Congrats! It can be hard moving around with the spouse, trying to find jobs in new cities...

Pete and Bekah Ackerman said...

Congrats Brittney!!! I'm so happy for you! You'll do great!

Anonymous said...

YEA!!! I totally understand your worries, Brittney! But you can do it! :)

Are you required to be a Buckeye now? :)