Friday, March 18, 2011

Leprechauns struck

Somehow our dinner turned green last night... must have been some leprechauns sneaking around. ;) Green salad, green beans, green gravy on the chicken, and green jello. I kind of think this picture looks unappetizing since everything is a different green, but oh well.
So on Monday night Ryan realized that St. Patrick's Day was on Thursday and asked if we were going to eat our traditional green dinner. I then reminded him that we have never had a green dinner, but I was happy to do one (apparently his family did this every year and that's what he was remembering). I'm always up for a fun new tradition though!

5 comments:

Rachael said...

When I saw the title of the post I thought it said "Leprechauns suck" ---I was like..what?! that doesn't sound like brittney haha
I am lame and didn't do ANYTHING for St Pats. I didn't even wear green :(
You're dinner definitely reminds me of growing up so it looks yummy to me!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

You're dinner is awesome! I love all the green. We did the chicken rolls with the green gravy last year and I really liked it. Nothing too unappealing. Sometimes when I try to turn things green it backfires and just doesn't feel right to eat a particular food when green colored, but this really is perfect.

Ryan and Kiley said...

I love it!! We had an irish dinner- Sheppard's pie, with green milk! Holidays are so fun :)

Julie said...

That gravy looks so disgusting!

Congrats on the job!!! That's exciting, especially since it's HR.

Craig said...

After tonight I think I've started liking blogging just as much as the bachlor...funny stories (seriously--I can just hear that conversation going down between you and Ryan, haha).