After Vegas, we drove back to Utah with my parents and stayed there from the night of the 29th through the afternoon of July 4th. We had a lot of fun family time while we were there and were so glad we could tag this trip onto the Vegas trip. On Thursday, I went and spent the day with Lisa and kids while Ryan ran around doing things with his dad, and then we ended with a fun picnic outside at Lisa and Brandon's. (I need to get these pictures from Dad or Lisa- whoever has them!)
Friday, we spent at the Martin's house swimming, relaxing, having a BBQ, watching movies, shopping, and catching up. We also got to meet our newest little niece, Lynlee, who was so precious and only about a week old. Then, we celebrated Ryan, Craig, and Jackson's birthday with the traditional marzipan cake from Granite Bakery.
















I had to include these pictures because I think the Martin's have one of the prettiest yards. Also, the weather was fabulous the whole time we were in Utah!
Saturday morning I got together with friends for breakfast at Kneaders (mmm... french toast and strawberries!), and much to my surprise, they threw me a little baby shower! It was the first baby stuff I got and made me excited for this little girlie to come! After that, I got stocked up on a ton more baby girl clothes from my s.i.l., Amy, who was getting rid of all of her baby stuff. Big thanks to all of you!!!
Terrible lighting, but I couldn't leave it out- I love these ladies! (I just realized that the pregnant lady behind me is wearing the same maternity shirt).
The rest of the day was spent swimming, hanging out, and going out to dinner at Cafe Rio for Jonathan's birthday. Of course it also included the "get thrown in the pool on your birthday" tradition... which also ends up getting many others dragged in, fully-clothed as well!
When we got Bennett out of the pool following the "throw-in," his diaper was super big since it was not a swimming one. We were all cracking up about how puffy it was, which made him really concerned and he kept trying to reassure us that "Bennett not go potty in diaper!"

Sunday, after church, we went back up to my parent's house for hanging out and a BBQ dinner. Ryan and I got spoiled with a LOT of BBQ's this trip, which we loved since we can't BBQ this summer at our apartment complex! I spent a lot of time hanging out with little Aaron-baby and I'm so glad I got to! I also had fun playing with Ashlynn, who is bursting with energy these days. We stayed a while later that night and just chatted with my parents about all sorts of things, which was fun. (Again, Lisa and/or Dad- I need some of your pictures!)
Our last day there was Monday, the fourth of July. We had a big BBQ lunch outside at the Martin's with some homemade ice cream and then headed up to the airport to go home. :(
Here's Ryan trying to win the heart of another little one by "flying" Amyah. It's obviously not working... ;)

It was so sad to leave because I was absolutely dreading coming back to our smoky apartment. Oh well. We got to see some pretty cool fireworks from the plane. Our layover was in Chicago from about 8:45-10 p.m. and it looked like the whole city was little colorful bursts of fire. It was awesome. For the first time in a long time we really weren't ready to get back home yet. But we still had such a fun trip and tried to get as much in as we could since it could be a while before we make it back to Utah.
1 comment:
I'm so glad they threw you a baby shower - that's so sweet! Yay for girly stuff!
Post a Comment