Sunday, July 24, 2011

What happens in Vegas...

Ryan attended the SHRM conference this year in Las Vegas from June 25th-29th and I tagged along to make sure someone got some use out of the nice room and pool at the hotel. :) We stayed in the Palazzo, which is the newer tower on the Venitian. I must admit, I think it is one of the nicest/classiest hotel on the strip and we loved our room that overlooked the strip and the fancy pools.

We got in on Saturday evening and then spent Sunday with Kyle and Tabitha Tibbitts and their kids, and Adam Christensen, who all live in Vegas. Then on Monday, my parents joined us and we spent the next few days touring around some of the hotels, eating good food, and swimming at the pool. On the morning of the day we headed out, we swung by the Ethel M. Chocolate factory and toured around the factory. That is the fancy part of Mars chocolate (I refer to it as the "See's Candies" of Mars). They were working on a new candy that's coming out at Christmas time and it was awesome to see how they make it, which was mostly by hand and not machine! It was such a fun trip, but it was HOT, hot, hot while we were there and we were exhausted by the end of the trip.

2 comments:

mc said...

What a fun,fancy hotel!! Makes me want to go on vacation. Looks like you guys had a good time. Such a cute pic of you guys riding the gondola--looks like you were in Venice!

Tiffany said...

bathroom t.v.....nice. I'm guessing that Ryan wasn't posing for that picture though he almost could be just so you could snap a shot of the fancy little "extras" around the hotel room. Haha.

Way to take advantage of the perks while your husband does all of the work. :)