You guys... don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Haha... doesn't get prettier than this! It was exactly one year ago from today that I had my surgery. One year ago, these pictures were certainly NOT funny, but now they make me laugh- mostly because I look so bitter in all of them, but really I just couldn't control my face enough to smile or look happy. I remember my doctor telling me that it would take about 1.5 years until I felt fully recovered, and I totally thought that sounded crazy. Well, here I am with 6 more months to go, and I believe him now! There were two major things that I had not been able to do until about a week ago, and that is bite into an apple and bite through a carrot stick. The carrot is still difficult, but the apple is getting easier if I get the right angle... and let me tell you, it was like Christmas knowing that I would get to actually eat apples this fall! The other thing is that my doctor said the chances of me staying numb forever was really low and that in 21 years of doing this surgery, the longest he has had someone stay numb is 7 months. Well, I have now set another record for him because the right side of my face is still numb. Probably always will be. That probably sounds weird to people to hear, but I have just gotten so used to it that I don't even notice anymore unless I focus on that fact. And it's not bad enough to affect speech or facial movement or anything really. Anyway, I'm SO glad I got this done and that it is all over with now. Whew! And just in case the pictures weren't enough... :)
Logan 2 months
9 years ago
5 comments:
i love it britt! and i love how ryan is so sweet talking to you in the video.
I felt so bad for you at the time but I must admit I do laugh a little now looking at these pictures
The thumbs up was the best :)
oh man. those pictures make me feel nervous that someday i'm going to get in a car accident, break my jaw, and be in pain like that. you're a trooper.
wowzers... what a collection! I love you for posting this! Definitely gave me a laugh. But i'm sad your face is still numb... :(
Oh man Brit, I just laughed until I cried! For some reason the bottom left is my favorite. You look like you could almost be a normal person (not you, but someone else) but you just look so mad! I love it! I'm glad that you are now back to your gorgeous self! what a great friend you have to throw you such a great baby shower! Glad you got some great stuff!
Post a Comment