We saw all of the historical things along the Freedom Trail, plus some: The church where the presidents were buried, John Adam's homes, the Museum of Fine Arts, Fenway Park, the U.S.S. Constitution, Bunker Hill, Boston Commons and the public gardens, the State House and Boston Massacre, Paul Revere's home and church where the lanterns were hung, an old cemetery, the Cheers Bar, and Harvard, MIT, and Cambridge. It poured rain the first day and we were pretty wet, so we didn't get too many pictures.
And then there was the food. We were told about some places we had to go, so of course we went. Ryan and Craig really wanted some good seafood. There were two restaurants they were debating between, and so we ended up going to both on separate nights for dinner. They had fish n' chips, fried shrimp, and clam chowder at The Barking Crab, and then salmon and swordfish at Atlantic Fish Company. We made sure to hit up Mike's Pastry for some amazing cannoli's and Boston cream puffs. Our last dinner in Boston was going to be at Pizzeria Regina's. We got there, got seated and drooled over the best looking pizza ever, but as we were about to order, Lucy lost it. Like, REALLY lost it. She didn't get a single nap in all day and she was inconsolable and screaming so we left and ordered take-out that we ate in our hotel room. We were bummed that we missed out on the pizza.
Speaking of Lucy, I was really nervous about taking her on this trip since she sometimes struggles with sleeping, not to mention in the same room as three other adults who don't want to go to bed as early as her. Also, she still totally hates her car seat so a 13 hour drive sounded awful. But, she did awesome! She was really pretty good on the car rides and did so well being pushed around in her stroller all day. She was quiet during all of our tours as long as I kept moving her around in my arms. And amazingly, she went right to sleep every night, despite the fact that lights and tv were on and we talked a bit. She even slept for 12 hours straight for two of the nights! We had to wake her up one morning. Definitely answered prayers and made the trip so much better than I expected.
This was the great view of downtown Boston from our hotel room:

At the Church of the Presidents:
This is at the Museum of Fine Arts, where we got in for free because we were there for the last hour of the day.
Dinner at The Barking Crab, which is under a big red tent so the picture has funky lighting:
On our tour of Fenway Park:
Craig and I sat with Lucy in Boston Commons while waiting for Ryan to meet up with us after his conference one day. When Ryan got there, we walked across the street to the public gardens which were way cooler than the park we were in. Had we known it was right there, we would have gone there. At least it was fun to people watch and talk with some randoms that were interested in Lucy.
This was in the public gardens, which were beautiful. Ryan had just gotten out of his meetings, which is why he's wearing his glasses and Mars shirt instead of a normal one (I'm only mentioning that since he didn't really want to be in pictures for that reason, but since I'm posting them, I figured I should explain. As for me, I unfortunately have no excuse for my look... other than the shoes I was planning on wearing got ruined the day before from walking in so much rain, so I had to throw them out and resort to plan B.)
On the trolley that took us around the city to all of the historical sites. I think Lucy was happy to be riding in a vehicle sans car seat:
Paul Revere's house (surprisingly big for that time):
Here we are at Mike's Pastry. Holy Cannoli... so good!!
Where the lanterns were hung ("one if by land, two if by sea"):
The U.S.S. Constitution:
Bunker Hill (there were too many school groups around to get us in the picture too):
Mitt Romney's campaign headquarters. He was actually there that day, so there were police cars and barricades all over that area. Mitt 2012!!
She NEVER sleeps in my arms and I loved it. Although, this meant she was completely zonked and when she woke up a short while later was when she had her meltdown. Poor girl.
This was my first trip to Boston (Ryan and Craig's second time) and I have decided that I could officially live there at some point. :) It was so fun to explore a new city! Now onto Palmyra...












4 comments:
that's my city! i'm so glad you loved it as much as i do. you guys hit up all of the must-do's and especially all of the good places to eat! too bad about regina's; it's one of my favorites! next time.
I am so jealous! It all looks so fun.
You got to see some of my favorite places in Boston! I love Mike's Pastry! Usually have that a couple of times!
fun!! except Ryan was lying he has been 3 times. Once when we were little on our church history trip then once with just my mom and dad and I and then now this time :) I'm jealous. You guys got to do sooo much
Post a Comment