Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Eight months

Yesterday Lucy turned eight months!  I can hardly believe it.  This last month has been equally as awesome as the previous one.  She's a fun girl!  Here's a little bit about Lucy at eight months:
  • Crawling!  She started this about a week ago but she has yet to figure out how to use her legs in this endeavor.  She will just have her legs stiff and straight out behind her and use her arms to pull her body everywhere.  She's been getting up on her knees and rocking a bit the last day or two so I think she's on the verge of really getting the hang of it.
  • One of her favorite things to do now is pull herself through our living room over to where the kitchen floor starts and pat her hand on the floor.  She likes that it's a new feel and makes a loud noise. :)
  • Her reflux flared up pretty bad again and I think it's from all of this crawling-without-legs business because her little tummy has so much pressure on it now.  The doctor just had me double her dosage of medicine to help (from 2.5ml to 5ml).  I hope she grows out of this soon- for both her health's sake and our budget- the meds aren't super cheap!
  • Lucy loves to babble like crazy and I love it!  She will sit and "talk" to me for like 20 minutes every morning after I feed her.  Lately she's been exploring her super high-pitched voice but softly and it's so cute to hear.  She always looks so shocked and happy when she realized those noises came from her.  haha. 
  • Struggling with naps these days.  They're not lasting very long, which is making her tired and a bit cranky in between.  Not sure what to do about it and not really worrying about it either... one less thing to stress about and I'm sure it will fix itself sometime.  As long as she's still sleeping through the night, which she is, I'm fine.
  • When I read books to Lucy now, she actually listens and looks at each page instead of just trying to get the whole thing in her mouth at once.  We need more books now because I'm sick of the same 5 we always read.
  • The nicknames that have really stuck are: The Gooster (if we're talking about her), or Gooser, Goosie Girl, and Loose-Goose.  It sounds weird, but seems totally normal to us now.  I actually called her 'Lucy' the other day and it seemed odd for a second.  haha.
  • Lucy can finally eat more solids such as puffs and yogurt melts without choking and, as of the last couple days, can grab them from my hand and get them into her mouth most of the time.  She is also drinking water from a sippy cup at dinner time.  It keeps her thoroughly entertained while Ryan and I eat.
  • Loves the pool, which is great since we go on an almost-daily basis.  The best part is that she grew into her floatie (that we're borrowing- thanks, Marci!) a little more and loves floating around the big pool so I don't have to stick to just the kiddie pool.  All three of us love going as a family on the weekends.
  • Lucy is becoming a bit more cuddly these days and obviously I LOVE it!  Sometimes when she's sitting on my lap just reading or playing with toys, she will lean into me and just "hug" me for a minute.  Sometimes it's just because she's tired... but I'll take it anyway!
  • She still doesn't like her car seat but she is getting so much better at putting up with being in it and tagging along for errands, which makes things a bit less stressful.
  • I almost forgot- she waves hi and bye!  It's kind of the cutest thing ever.  She sticks out her arm straight and flicks her wrist up and down while her fingers form a fist.  Love it.
  • Also, she totally just ate a corner of a cardboard box as I was writing this post.  Add that to her list of food.  And my mom-of-the-year credentials.  
I realize that to most people, these pictures are kind of all the same, but I liked them all because there are little things about each one that I, as her mom, love.  So, they all get posted!  I also realize that she is not wearing any head decor, which goes against everything I believe in as far as baby girls are concerned... unless it's a million degrees outside with a billion percent humidity, in which case all headbands go out the window because who has the energy to go back inside and get it?  Not I.

3 comments:

The Wigginton Family said...

I love those pictures...she's getting so big! And her hair is so blonde. She's a doll, just like her Momma!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Oh little Lulu, I love you!

Amy said...

She looks adorable in the pictures! Minus the head gear!