Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fourth of July

For this year's fourth of July, we rented a vacation home with two other families in our ward at the Red Fork Lake Farm out in Hillsboro, Ohio.  This could also be known as the vacation in which I gained 5 pounds in less than 24 hours.  True story.  Anyway, it was about an hour and a half away, and in the middle of nowehere/some small Amish community, but it was SO beautiful and right on a big lake.  The home was very spacious and decorated so cute but I forgot to take pictures inside.  We drove down the afternoon of the 3rd and came home the 4th.  The first night there, the men stayed at the house and hung out and prepared dinner while us women took the kids to the beach.  That's my kind of set-up! :)  After our BBQ, we played a lot cornhole and other games, did sparklers, ate junk food like it was my job, and laughed so hard our stomaches hurt.  The next morning, we made a huge pancake/bacon/sausage/eggs/fruit breakfast, then left the house for the beach.  It was a fun because we actually felt like we left Ohio and got away for a little bit.  

3 comments:

The Wigginton Family said...

I just got caught up on all our blog posts and it made me so happy to see so many awesome pics of your fam. That little Lucy is seriously a doll. That 4th of July outfit, holy hannah that's cute. I miss you. I wish I could have gotten to Utah when you were there. One of these days we will catch up...one of these days.

Julie said...

What a fun trip! I love that the boys cooked dinner while the girls went out. By the way, you are not alone with gaining weight over the 4th. I think I gained 5 pounds in 24 hours this 4th of July too!

ashlee said...

I'm loving Lucy's 4th of July outfit! What a cutie!