My mom came down that morning from Cleveland and while Ryan and I went on our date, she and Lucy had one of their own. I just need to add in here that we had a miracle and direct answer to my prayers: Lucy did not cry for my mom. It helped that she was already having a really good, non-fussy day. That and the fact that she had all day to warm up to my mom really helped. Although it certainly didn't take all day for Lucy to get used to her. After just a few hours, Ryan and I were busy doing things here and there and Lucy was totally happy and entertained without us as long as my mom was playing with her. They went up and down the stairs a bunch, played with her toys, read books, sang songs, chased each other, ate snacks, and she even had fun watching my mom sew (obviously my mom was careful with that one). They had so much fun! We said our goodbyes and then snuck out the door while my mom was feeding Lucy dinner. She didn't cry at all- not even when my mom put her down to sleep! Although she did wake up crying before we got home, but that's pretty typical for us, too. Can you believe all of that?! I was so happy. And can you tell that I put my mom to work? :) I ask her to come down and then make her sew projects, entertain and feed my baby, and then babysit. Of course she loves to do all of that, so I know she doesn't mind, but I appreciated the help a ton. Thanks again, mom!!
Logan 2 months
9 years ago
2 comments:
Such a great picture of you and Ryan. All these pictures of your mom and Lucy are incredibly cute. I love that she did so many fun things with her.
I like that picture of you and Ryan! Cute!
Post a Comment