Monday, September 23, 2013

Less than two weeks...

I am due in LESS than two weeks!  This feels so crazy to me because this pregnancy has gone so fast!  Or maybe I'm slightly in denial about the lack of sleep I have coming up here soon.  Probably a combination of both.  I am WAY more prepared this time around though, which is probably to be expected since I have a little better idea of what's coming my way.  I have all of our baby stuff out, cleaned, and ready, like the swing, floor play mat, baby tub, clothes, toys, swaddle blankets, crib, pack-n-play, monitor, rcoker, white noise machine, etc.  I have made several lists and crossed them all off and can't think of anything else I have to get ready besides packing hospital bags and doing last-minute cleaning right before she comes.  Oh, and picking out a middle name, which of all things has turned out to be a topic that we can't even begin to agree on. But if that's our only issue right now, I'll take it. :)

If I had it my way, baby girl would come on October 4th for a few reasons... 1) My mom is coming on the 1st, so it gives Lucy a couple of days to really warm up to my mom again, who will be helping to watch her while I'm in the hospital; 2) it's a Friday, which is the day my actual doctor is always the one doing deliveries at the hospital, and I love my doctor, and 3) it's the weekend so Ryan would have a few free days before needing to take any parental and vacation time off (which we are hoping to save most of for Christmas time).  But let's be honest, most babies have their own date in mind, so we will see what happens!

I think my greatest accomplishment this go-around was actually doing freezer meals.  I planned on doing them last pregnancy, but got lazy and really just thought it wouldn't be a big deal... and then for the first couple of months I cringed just thinking about making one meal and we wasted a lot of money on take-out.  So yeah, learned my lesson.  I spent last Thursday night planning out all of my meals and making a grocery list, got all the supplies Friday morning, and spent Lucy's nap time making them.  The best part about them is that they are all crock-pot meals.  Here's where my laziness (although I like to think awesomeness) shines through though- I let myself buy crock-pot liners so that I would have absolutely no clean-up after the meals are cooked!

$90 and 1.5 hours later... I have 20+ (the + refers to leftovers, which hopefully there will be plenty of) dinners ready and waiting to go from freezer to crock pot! 

9 comments:

The Wigginton Family said...

This is beyond awesome! Please share your favorite recipes because I totally want to do this.

Betsy said...

Its been a while since I've looked at your blog. Umm, Lucy is a doll. She looks so grown up. So smart to do freezer meals. They look yummy, where did you get your recipes?

NJ said...

Um, 1.5 hrs and you busted out 20 meals??? I am super amazed and I would love you forever if you posted all those recipes.

jastalfam said...

i think i may need that creamy ranch pork chops and potatoes recipe... it looks like its gonna be delicious!

Kara and Kevin said...

Amazing!! Amazing that you made them but more amazing that you did it so fast and for so cheap! So impressed. Hope everything goes well with baby! So exciting!

DaveR said...

I was just telling my friend and I want to do this for the next baby boo since I finally will have freezer space. Let me know what you guys end up liking and not so much liking....

DaveR said...

Ha! Didn't realize I am signed under Dave's name...anyway, I also just finished reading this post and crock pot liners!? Who knew? Absolute genius in this kind of event and totally worth the money....I think. Let me know how this work too!

ashlee said...

Less than 2 weeks! Whoot whoot! Remind me to do this if I ever have a baby! You are so smart!

Kristen said...

So exciting! I, too, want to hear how those recipes turn out.

Also, I used a crock pot liner once and for some reason it made my food take FOREVER to cook. (As if waiting 8 hours isn't long enough.) Partly to blame is probably the fact that my crock pot is my parents'. And from 1979...