Oh my goodness... I just looked at the date (Sep. 6th) and realized that I am due in exactly ONE month (Oct. 6th)! I am still feeling okay, but I'm definitely very uncomfortable at this point, too. And I'm back to feeling slightly nauseous if I don't eat constantly, although I am fine if I do (bad for the weight gain). Lucy always measured very small but this time my doctor told me that I don't have a very small baby, and I don't have a huge one either, just a very average sized baby. Perfect! Considering I'm all about the pain-free epidural method, the bigger the better (well, ya know, to a certain extent...I don't want a 14 pounder or anything) so that she sleeps better (given our last and only experience, I'm very concerned about sleep). Also, I have a pinched nerve in my rib cage that started out as just being really itchy but the more the baby grows, the more painful it becomes! But the doctor assured me that it would go away when I have the baby.
Well, we've got a crib set up (steal of a deal from Craigslist!), boxes of clothes brought out of storage, two names we're deciding between*, and the car seat ready to go. We're mostly set with baby stuff, minus just a few things, so I'm feeling pretty ready for baby girl to come!
*A couple of stories about the name. We have had a list of names for a while and easily narrowed them down to a top-two many months ago. One evening, Ryan and I were just talking about those names and joking around about how to choose and who gets to choose, etc. Well, my top name (one of our top two) was not one of his top choices at first and so I was trying to think of different ways to inspire us to get a name. Very jokingly, I told him to go read our new Ensign magazine that was sitting in front of us and the first girl name he read would be the name we would use. And guess what name that was? My top choice! Haha. So random.
Another story- just this morning I was at the park talking to a random lady who was there with her granddaughter and she was asking me about our new baby and when I was due, etc. She knew Lucy's name from me calling out to her, and when she found out I was having a girl she just flat out asked me if we were going to name her our top name (she used the actual name!)?! Isn't that crazy? I told her that it was one of our top two choices and she said that it just seemed to fit right with the name Lucy. So, we will just have to wait and see if she is name number 1 or 2 when she arrives! :)
Logan 2 months
9 years ago
1 comment:
Ah! Now I am so curious about the top two names. Dan and I had a conversation about which names we think sound good with Lucy, but who knows. Guess we'll have to wait and see! Good luck these next few weeks. Enjoy your time with Lucy!
Post a Comment