Friday, October 11, 2013

Family meeting Claire

Lucy just loves any little baby she sees and is fascinated by them, so I was hoping it would be the same reaction when she met Claire.  I love our pediatrician and he gave two pieces of advice before we had the baby that I thought were pretty good: 1) Have some "gift" from the baby to Lucy and 2) Don't be holding the new baby when they come see me for the first time in the hospital.  So we did both and it turned out great.  Lucy ran over to my bed and sat with me for approximately 15 seconds until she realized the baby was in the room and promptly got up and ran over there to see her.  She loved on her baby sister and wanted to just touch her and make sure she was real. :)  It was fun.  I'm not saying the transition has been that easy, because she has struggled quite a bit with it.  Slowly but surely we are getting back to normal routines and I know it will all be just fine.
Lucy holding Claire for the first time.
Lucy gave her present to the baby and wanted to put the pacifier in her mouth right away.
This picture makes me laugh because it looks to me like she's delivering a baby out of the bag.  Anyway, she got a doll that she always tries to play with at Target.
Claire with Grammy.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

So sweet! I'm so happy for you!