I feel like little babies change so much so fast, and I want to document it all! I stayed pretty on top of it when Lucy was little but I can already tell this is going to be different. Life with two kids is way more chaotic than I imagined... yet still more relaxed in certain ways because I am not stressing over every crazy little thing, such as if my baby is still breathing constantly. Anyway, I'm feeling very behind already yet I want to keep documenting everything for our own family records.
Our little Claire went from being super content and pretty easy to the opposite of that in a matter of nights. Just like Lucy, it's not really her fault. Reflux has arrived (I was SOOO hoping we would miss this train) and we haven't slept in nights and haven't been able to put her down without screaming for a few days. We have a doctor's appointment first thing Monday morning (somehow I'll have to be dressed and out the door before noon. ha!) to get some meds (hopefully). I guess this reflux stuff is genetic, which just means that this might be our last child. People have tried to reassure me that if we have to go through reflux stuff again, at least I know what to expect. But that is part of the problem... I know what is coming and I don't like it at all. Oh well. But tender mercy of the weekend is that Claire has been sleeping for about an hour and a half straight now without being held, which is the longest she's done in days because of reflux. Not only that, but it's been at the same time as Lucy's nap! Hallelujiah! The kitchen is cleaned and the living room picked up!
Also, now that my mom has left and it's just me and the girls all day everyday, Lucy has lost it. Like, gone completely bonkers! She screams and cries for me to hold her pretty much all day everyday. When I do hold her, she's still screaming and crying uncontrollably for no reason, and when I can't hold her, well, let's just say I'd be surprised if the whole neighborhood didn't wonder what was going on in our house. A few nights ago, she even screamed for me ALL night until 5am when she finally fell asleep for a few hours. She just cried for "mama" all night. When I would go hold her and rock her, she was calm and sleepy, but as soon as I put her back in her crib, it was all screaming and tears again. Even Ryan couldn't get her to calm down, she only wanted me. I took her to a nieghbor's house the other day, one that she loves to go to and is very familiar with, and our neighbor commented about how stressed Lucy seemed. She wouldn't even eat the oreos they gave her like she always does! :) She's just not my happy little girl like she has been the last few months- won't cuddle or give me hugs and kisses freely, and won't laugh at things that used to make her laugh... she just cries or stares blankly at me or hits and bites (which is unlike her). Please tell me this is normal and doesn't last very long?! I feel so bad for her because I can tell her whole world is just turned upside down and she is confused and sad about it all.
So maybe once we have this reflux under control again and Lucy has adjusted a little better I will be able to catch up. But that's what's going on right now.
Logan 2 months
9 years ago
5 comments:
Oh no. I am so, so sorry. If I was anywhere close to you, I'd be at your door so fast to help you out! Hopefully your visiting teachers read your blog :) I hope Lucy will go back to being Lucy soon too. You are amazing for remaining optimistic through it all! Oh and who cares about a clean kitchen?! Go get some sleep instead :) Also, I just thought I'd tell you that you look Ah-mazing! That pic of you holding your girls where you are back into your jeans like days after giving birth?! Bravo girl...bravo! Oh and another thing, your skin is glowing. Beautiful and flawless! Love ya!
I echo each of Ashleigh's comments. I wish I could help you out! It was nice of your neighbor to have Lucy over. Hang in there. Juggling the two kids can be difficult, to say the least.
I was crossing my fingers that Claire wouldn't have reflux. So hard to go through it again. Hopefully the meds help some. Poor little Lucy will figure out soon that life is still wonderful and that she has the best mommy ever. I wish I lived closer so I could come and help out. You are a rock star! I don't know how you do it all.
I am seriously SO sad to hear this news...the only thing I can say is that I KNOW you can get through it. (Though I also know it aint gonna be pretty)
Oh man I am so sorry Britt! I hope the reflux isn't as bad this time. And I hope sweet Lucy starts to understand her new world a little better. Caleb was really thrown for a loop with Luke's arrival into our lives - we understand how difficult that can be! I cried at least a few times those first few weeks feeling sad for Caleb because of how hard that transition was for him. The good news is that after we worked through some bad behaviors and got into a routine, things really got better and Caleb was so sweet with Luke. The real Lucy will return soon. It won't always be easy but you can totally do it! And you will!!!! Also, you are glowingly beautiful in those pictures. Truly.
Post a Comment