Sunday, November 3, 2013

Claire: One Month

Today marks one month since Claire's arrival!  Ryan and I were just saying this morning that it has gone so fast, yet slow at the same time.  Even though she really is a good baby, newborns are just exhausting!  But we are loving her, and knowing how fast it goes makes the exhausting part a little easier.  Here's the one month stats:

Length: (her appointment is actually tomorrow so I will have to update these later)
Weight:
Head:

  • Claire is a really good baby.  She does have pretty bad reflux and we had to start her on zantac, which isn't helping (and I knew it wouldn't), and hopefully tomorrow we can switch to the Prevacid compound that Lucy is on.  It should help.
  • Thankfully her reflux has not impacted her sleep quite as much as it did for Lucy.  Claire will usually give us a 4 hour stretch followed by two 2-3 hour stretches. 
  •  During the day she eats every 2 hours on the dot (hopefully that will spread out here soon!).  
  • She never fit into newborn clothes or diapers and skipped straight to 0-3 month and just 3 month sized clothes and size 1 diapers.  She's definitely a bigger newborn, which I love!  Not quite as fragile. :)  Today, at one month, Claire was wearing an outfit that Lucy wore at 4 months and they fit the same.
  • She has several nicknames already.  Claire Bear (the most obvious), Clairy Beary, Clairy Beary gum drop (mostly used with Lucy), and Clarington (which our brother-in-law Marc apparently calls her sometimes, which has stuck around a little bit with us since hearing it).
  • Has the world's cutest cat-like rolling purr that she often does when she's waking up and stretching.  I wish I could catch it on camera, but that's likely not going to happen.

No comments: