One day in December, we were switching Lucy to a big-girl bed and I ran to Costco to get a mattress and a few other small things. Lucy stayed and played at a friend's house while I went alone with Claire. I got one of Costco's long carts, loaded up the mattress, and since it was nearly impossible to maneuver around the crowded store while holding Claire, I just plopped her down on top of the mattress. Claire sat in the same spot the while time and was having a joy ride and loved every minute of it, while smiling and laughing and waving at everyone. While I was hurrying through the store as fast as possible like this, everyone kept laughing and mentioning how cute/funny it was, which made me keep laughing the whole way through too. For some reason I didn't think we would be quite the spectacle that we were?! Anyway, while waiting in long lines to checkout, about five other women around me were all commenting on "how fast it goes" and telling me to "enjoy it while it lasts," you know... the usual comments. But one of them came up to me and asked if she could take a picture for me on my cell phone because these are the moments that I need to remember. I was a little bit embarrassed about it, but went along with it since she was being so nice. But now looking back, I am actually really glad she did that because every time I scroll through my phone and see this, I smile and think about this funny trip that Claire and I shared. Good times! (She doesn't look so happy in this picture, but I promise she was ecstatic the whole time! She was probably wondering why I stopped pushing her around to wait in a line! :)
Logan 2 months
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment