Monday, November 2, 2009

Iron Chef: Martin Style

An old ward activity we used to do was Iron Chef (based off of the Food Network's show).  You get some random ingredients that you MUST have in your concoction and see what each team comes up with.

Well, one Saturday night a few weeks ago Ryan and I found ourselves wondering what to do, so we racked our brains and decided to do an iron chef competition and make something for Sunday dessert the next day.  There were 3 requirements:

1) Chocolate Syrup
2) Cereal
3) Fruit

So after our grocery store visit, this is what we came home with:

Don't even worry that we bought this all on a Saturday night and had eaten it all by Tuesday night.  Luckily this was during the peak of our race-training so we ran it all off.  (That wouldn't be the case these days!)

Anyway, Ryan made some really yummy chocolate ice cream cake.  His cereal was the chocolate Honey Bunches of Oats and his fruit were raspberries, which made it soooo good!  I made a Reece's Mud Pie.  My cereal was Peanut Butter and Chocolate crunch and my fruit was a banana mashed into the pudding layer (which I surprisingly liked more than the normal way without banana).  They both tasted delicious so we called it a tie.  I promised they tasted so much better than the pictures portray, but here they are:


1 comment:

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

Yum! I would probably devour the oreo one in a heart beat! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!