Thursday, December 3, 2009

Young Women mutual ideas

Ok, I cannot seem to revert back to my teenage years and remember my mutual activities... but I know we had some good ones!  Anyway, I am in serious need of a list of some good class activities for my beehives.  If you remember any fun activities from your days in Young Women's, please let me know (oh, and as soon as possible please).  THANKS!!

P.S. I was talking to the young women about what we were doing for mutual on Wednesday and apparently "'mutual' is a term their grandmas use."  These days it's just plain old "Young Women's."  Seriously?! If their grandmas are 25 years old, then maybe they are correct.  But we always called it mutual.  Whatever.

4 comments:

NJ said...

Hahaha!!! So pretty sure we have the same calling. I do activities for the Beehives too! So glad we have another thing to chat about now! So Beehives can be anywhere from little girls to grown-ups, but my Beehives loved this one a couple of months ago: we colored little learning games for Humanitarian services. They LOVED the coloring! And when I showed them the thank-you postcard we received in the mail, they flipped. I can tell you more if you want.... You could make gingerbread houses, secretly drop off cookies or other holiday goodness. Ring and run to the get-away car?? Yea, they'll love it. And pretty much anything that facilitates lots and lots and lots of talking. :) Sometimes I'm just boring and do an activity out of the personal progress book, but my girls just love being with each other (no me - the other teenagers) that they love anything.

Lisa and Mark said...

yeah, when i say mutual, they're like, "whaaaaaat?" i'll email you something.

Katie said...

I am right there with you...seriously. What is your calling? I was recently put in as YW 2nd counselor and have to come up with beehive activities all the time now. In the past few weeks we have made gingerbread houses, had someone come and teach a hair class, made Halloween goodies to deliver...my mind is going blank. If I can't even remember what we have done in the past months how can I remember what I did as a youth. great. Well I will be checking comments on this for my own guidance as well. Good luck!

Kristen said...

No more primary, huh?

I was trying to remember what we did...

Video scavenger hunts, cake decorating, caroling, visiting a childrens hospital, learning country line dancing, manicures/pedicures.

Crafty things like knitting, book binding, decorating a journal might be fun, too. Looking back, I wish I had made some type of notebook or binder with tabs for different gospel topics so I could store all the handouts and quotes I got in YW. So maybe you could make something like that?

I call it mutual, too.