What do milk and hangers have in common, you ask?
Let me tell you. They both disappear 'round here.
All I know is that when I came home from Wal-Mart yesterday I had a half-gallon of milk and this morning when I went to put it on my Banana Nut Cheerios with cut-up banana slices, I didn't. Normally I would just get something else and not worry about it, but I woke up today and the first thought in my head was "I need a job... and a car" followed by "I really want Banana Nut Cheerios with cut-up banana slices. And milk on top!"
Okay, so not really the milk part but that was because it was already implied. And while I'm being honest, I didn't really mean the job part either because sometimes it is just nice to sleep in and watch t.v. and catch up on blogs and be lazy while someone else goes to work to pay your bills. (kidding!).
So anyway, I'm sure I will find it (read: smell it) in a few days behind some table or something. Or maybe it got packed away into some storage boxes in our garage since we were doing that yesterday. Hmmm.....
(Speaking of bananas, does anyone else have to sing the Gwen Stefani song to spell that word? I don't even like that song at all, but I will inevitably spell bannanas, banannas, or banaanas if I don't sing b-a-n-a-n-a-s (it's just one of those words I struggle with).... and I have a hard time believing I am the only one who does this).
Meanwhile, onto hangers....
Hangers baffle me because there are NEVER enough! Even when I go to buy a new pack of hangers, after doing a few loads of laundry they are all gone again. And it's not like I bring home bags of new clothes everyday! This morning though was really weird because I went to go hang up some of Ryan's shirts I washed, but there were NO empty hangers in his closet. So my question then was, where did the hanger go that he got his shirt off of this morning, because the shirt he wore to work was one that I hung on a hanger last night?!?
Well, there you have it. Deep thoughts and a glimpse into the life of a stay-at-home-non-mom.
And the moral of this blog post is: I really need a day job.
{PROOF: There is no milk in our refrigerator.}

5 comments:
Ha ha! Britt you make me laugh. Thanks for your entertaining post. I know what you mean about the hangers...I'm always looking for more, too.
PS. Just wait until you have kids. I'm always looking around for hidden sippy cups with milk in it! It's nasty.
Nor do you have any food in your fridge! You are so funny. I love reading your funny comments. I'm not sure that we have lost milk before but we definitely have the same hanger mystery happening over here. That and socks...Where do all the socks go?!
this really made me laugh. thanks! You know you really are enjoying to extra time on your hands when you spend it taking photos of your milkless fridge to post on your blog. :) I was glad to see some great value product in the fridge and shout out to buying milk at walmart. Glad you guys make it safe to Ohio! Go Razorbacks, beat the Buckeyes!
I don't think you have to worry about working out in the near future. . . with basically no food in the fridge you guys won't be gaining any weight. Maybe it's a new diet called (Don't Buy Food and You Won't Get Fat Diet)
Love ya Mom
Seriously...look at that fridge. Britt, it's pathetic. Maybe you should buy at least 1 WHOLE gallon and it'll be a little easier to find. Chore for today: go grocery shopping. :)
Post a Comment