Sunday, January 30, 2011

The rest of January...

Last week I paid a little visit to Utah and had a ton of fun! Some of the highlights were visiting with family and friends, dinners at Cafe Rio and Paradise Bakery, watching the Bachelor with a big group of girls (so much more fun than by yourself!), watching BYU beat SDSU, running errands with my mom during the day, etc. etc...... Oh yeah, and having my final post-op appointment and GETTING MY BRACES OFF (the real reason for the trip)!!!!

It's funny because I really didn't mind the whole braces thing. In fact, I liked it for the time being because the rubber bands really helped my jaw feel "in place" and was in no rush to get them off. That being said, as soon as the date was set for my braces to come off, it couldn't come soon enough!! But now that they are off, it feels great and my jaw really feels like it has improved so much in just the last week! It's amazing!

Not to seem vain, but I've got a close-up or two to post here just so you don't all remember me forever as the girl with the bruised, swollen, brace-face (because that's how I still picture myself). :) Although, I kind of look funny in them... but whatever... you get the point.
On another note, we had our first visitor! My mom needed to go to Cleveland soon, so she booked her trip out here at the same time I flew back so that we could travel together. She stayed here for a couple nights and then Ryan and I drove her up to Cleveland this weekend and had lunch with my Grandpa a Becky, and then swung by to visit at my Grandma's for a few minutes to say hello before heading back to Columbus. I haven't actually been back to Cleveland since my wedding reception about a year and a half ago, so despite it being quick, it was a fun visit!

8 comments:

ashlee said...

Yeah for no more braces! You look awesome!!!

Tiffany said...

Aww Britt- you look so pretty!!

Rachael said...

Woot Woot! No Braces! Looks good! It was fun to see you when you came to visit!

Amanda Ann Hansen said...

You look beautiful...as always! I'm so glad it went well!

Ryan and Kiley said...

GORGEOUS Smile!! Love the close up photo. Hope you're staying warm & busy in Ohio.

Kristen said...

You look so pretty! Isn't it weird feeling your teeth for the first time after you get them off?

Julie said...

You look great Britt! How exciting to finally have your braces off!

Janae said...

You look fantastic! Million dollar smile babe. It was so fun to have you back out here, even just for a short time :)