Sunday, April 7, 2013

Big Sister!!

I'm sure most people know this by now (thanks to fb and instagram- and unless you're immediate family then that is probably how you found out and I'm sorry but I'm just not good at calls while I'm pregnant and feeling sick), but Lucy is going to be a big sister!!  I am 14 weeks along and due October 8th.  

(This part is super boring, I'm sure, but it's for my own records.)  I have felt terrible, yet still a little better than I was with Lucy.  I called my doctor right after I found out and begged for zofran from the get-go.  Thankfully it didn't take much begging and they sent in a prescription asap.  Between that and the fact that I don't have to get up and ready at a crazy early hour for work and try and stay awake all day, I have managed the sickness much better this time.  I feel like I'm already past the worst of it, which didn't happen until 17 weeks last time.  We will find out the gender at the end of May.  Also, it's so true what they say about the second pregnancy going way faster than the first.  I can hardly believe I'm already a couple of weeks into my second trimester.

Overall, we're really really excited (and also really, really nervous) and I think Lucy will be a GREAT big sister!!  Any infant car seat that she sees on the ground at church, she will run up to it and start rocking it back and forth and then she tries to put the baby's pacifier in its mouth (after I tell her she can't put it in hers! ha!) and sometimes even tries to sneak in a little kiss.  She could really use a little friend around sometimes besides just her mama. :)