I was in the kitchen cleaning some dishes and Lucy was pulling on my leg and begging for something.
Me: "Lucy, what do you need? I can't pick you up, I'm doing dishes, but point to what you want."
Lucy: More noises I don't understand and more tugging on my leg.
Me: "Okay well I can't help you right now, but go ask dad for what you need and he can help you."
Lucy: Ran around the corner and into the living room to Ryan.
Ryan: "Come here, Lucy. What do you need?"
Lucy: Points to me in the kitchen and says "mama."
*****
Then later on in the morning, Ryan and I were talking about goals and trying to apply some things in conference. He said that we should come up with our own goals, and couple/family goals, and then go over them together and help each other, etc. Great idea. But this was how his example went:
Ryan: "For example, I don't think we eat enough candy so our goal could be to eat more candy."
Me: "What if our goals clash? Like, I think we eat too much candy and we should try and eat less?"
Ryan: "Then we compromise."
Me: "So what would be the compromise for this situation?"
Ryan: "We eat more candy..... It's an Obama compromise."
*****
Lucy understands the word "funny" and that it is associated with laughing. The problem with it is that if we tell her not to do something because it's "not funny" then she starts laughing more. Anyway, Lucy sat down with Ryan on the couch after conference ended and Ryan America's Funniest Videos came on. He asked if she wanted to watch something funny and she just started cracking up. She stared at the tv and laughed and laughed, even though nothing funny had started showing yet. It was hilarious, so I busted out our camera after a minute to video tape but as soon as she saw it, she stopped laughing.
Cooking with dad:
She just leaned over and started licking the edge. Ha!
Trying on dad's sweatshirt was super fun.
So was his work coat.
More cooking with mom.
Lucy has been fascinated with her new Fancy Nancy bag from Grandma and Grandpa. She put things in and out of it all weekend.
Lucy took the liberty of climbing on the kitchen chair to get herself a chocolate chip cookie and then proudly showed us her messy hands when we found her.







2 comments:
I like Ryan's BYU sweatshirt!!
P.S. I thought you said you were eating a lot this pregnancy? You're not even showing yet!?
I like the convos
I love those first two stories! Lucy knows what she wants AND knows how to express it, twice! And Obama compromise... haha! Good one!
Post a Comment