Wednesday, May 1, 2013

"Side?! Side?!"

Lucy BEGS to go outside everyday.  She'll grab her shoes and a coat or a sweater and stand by the door asking "side?! side?!" for outside.  It's cute.  A few mornings ago, bright and early, it was raining but she was begging to go out.  As soon as the rain stopped we went outside.  I'm not going to lie, I hate dirt and getting dirty, and Lucy used to as well, but she's warming up to it pretty darn fast.  Even though she had just gotten dressed and ready for the day, I let her go at whatever she wanted while I cringed inside as she picked up handfuls of dirt and walked through mud puddles.  We survived. :)  And I'll take that problem any day over being stuck inside while it's freezing temps.  I'm SO happy that spring is finally here!!  We've definitely been spending most of it "side?!"
 This is Lucy bending over to smell the flowers. :)
 Then she decided she should just sit down on the wet ground.  Much easier than squatting down.
 Ryan and I planted tulips our first year in our house.  After that year, we decided we'd do them differently and thought we pulled all of the bulbs out of the ground.  We were definitely surprised when  a bunch of them still bloomed this year! I guess there were a lot more than we thought.  That being said, we're also not sad to see them quickly disappearing, thanks to Lucy (and one of our neighbor's kids).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

cute Toms. I think Lynnlee and Lucy would get along well -always wanting to go outside and playing in dirt and smelling flowers :)