Last week Ryan's parents, Mark and Janae, came to Columbus to visit us for six whole days! It was so fun to have them here and also fun to get out and explore Columbus, try out some new restaurants, watch movies, relax, and take lot's of time off of work!
More specifically, we:
- toured Ryan's work
- took a walking tour through the beautiful Ohio State campus
- drove through Short North
- showed them our soon-to-be home
- went to German Village (The Book Loft, Schmidt's restaurant, Fudge House, etc.)
- ate the greasiest (yet tasty) pizza at Houndog's
- went to Kirtland and did the church history stuff
- drove through Cleveland and got the "tour de Brittney's life"
- ate at Hot Dog Heaven in Amherst
- went to Graeter's ice cream 7 times (I shouldn't admit that)
- stopped by the Columbus temple after church
- had a fun night of dinner and games with Alyssa (Amy's sister that's here in Columbus)
- shopped at the Jeffersonville outlets and Easton Town Center
- ate at Cheesecake Factory and caught an evening movie (Adjustment Bureau..interesting)
- taught Janae how to eat a kiwi the easy way
- enjoyed great weather and bright spring colors almost the whole time
The guy behind us is funny... he and the couple behind him were smiling in all of our pictures.
These creme puffs are a whole pound each and the dessert this restaurant is famous for.

This book store literally has 32 rooms and they are all tiny and you maze through each room. Just when you think you've gone through the whole store, you find another room! They also have any book you could ever imagine.
I wish we had taken a few more pictures while we were out and about because the cherry blossoms were in full bloom and so pretty!

Yep, we like food. :)
5 comments:
mmm hot dog heaven. good but not as good as jdawgs. love the guy sitting right behind you in the first pic. so funny! looks like lots of fun! can't wait till we can come out and see you guys in columbus!
So fun! I just wish it was us that got to come visit you guys for 6 days!!! How awesome would that have been?!
Awesome! All of those restaurants look so good. I love the guy behind you. Something I would have done when I was 20. But he's a little older than that...
And that bookstore looks so cool! Happy Easter.
Awwww-HOT DOG HEAVEN....my hometown! Man alive I haven't been there in forever. Looks like a great trip, kinda makes me "homesick." (in quotations because let's be honest, at this point, I don't feel like I have a place that I can completely claim as home.) Alright, my novel is done. Done and done.
Wish I was there!! I wanted in on all of the ice cream trips!!
Post a Comment