Saturday, April 2, 2011

Ryan's business trip

This last week Ryan was in Los Angeles for work. Everyone that's in his position around the company gathers about every 6 months somewhere for a week. They all flew in on Monday, but since there were no official meetings until Tuesday, Ryan got to go hang out with Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett. Then, as I mentioned, he had meetings on Tuesday and Thursday, and on Wednesday they took everyone to Universal Studios. He also had the option of going to Disneyland on Thursday but opted out (we've been there plenty). So once meetings were done Thursday afternoon, Ryan went and hung out with Craig (who flew in from Utah for a few days) and the Rasmussens. He also got to go to the Giants vs. Dodgers home opener last night.

Anyway, while Ryan was enjoying warm, sunny weather and relaxing in his swanky beach hotel (over $400/night!), eating Cafe Rio, Cheesecake Factory, In-N-Out, and going to Universal Studios, the beach, baseball games, and seeing family, I was at home working by day, eating cereal by night, and scraping the ice off my car in the mornings. That's fine though, because I was truly happy that he got to go do some fun things.

I stopped being quite so happy for Ryan though when I got a text yesterday morning from him that said: "It's really cooling off today. Supposed to rain this afternoon and tonight. :( "

So of course I felt bad and didn't want his beach time and baseball game to get rained out! After expressing my sympathy, I got another text a few minutes later that said:

"April Fools :) It's perfect weather!" Of course! I am way too gullible and easily fall for the most obvious lies.

Then, when he finally got home tonight I asked him if he brought me home any souvenirs from his trip and without missing a beat he responded "yeah I did... a TAN!"

Oh brother....

3 comments:

Rachael said...

You're a lot nicer than me--When Craig text me that same thing, I was like O stinks for you, its warm here :) haha

Wish I had Ryan's trip though for reals. his hotel looked awesome! Can't believe even Jackson spent the night there!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Oh I would have rolled my eyes (as loudly as possible) in his direction!

Megan & Matt said...

What a bum! I wish you could have gone...maybe next time?