Lucy turned 4 months old on March 16th, but I was busy packing and getting ready for our trip that we were leaving for on the 17th. Now I can't really remember as many specifics as I'd hoped from month 4, but I'll give it what I can.
I remember someone at church a few weeks ago asking me how old Lucy was and when I told her that she was 3 months old, she gasped and said, "oh my gosh! 3 months already?! Hasn't that just flown by so fast?!" I just quickly agreed for the time being but what was really going through my head was "no, actually. This has been the longest three months of my entire life and I don't think they could have gone any slower." Yeah, it was a pretty rough transition for me. Now with that great attitude (sarcasm), I must admit that this fourth month I would have been able to truly agree with the lady at church. It has been so much fun to have a baby that seems a little happier each day and that has not had any health issues impeding that happiness. At 4 months this is what's going on (that I can remember):
- Lucy must have something in her mouth all the time! More specifically, two or three of her fingers are what usually bolt to her mouth anytime her pacifier is not in or falls out. Occasionally she will attempt to shove her whole fist in her mouth at once (and is pretty close to successful).
- She loved the rings we have hanging in her car seat and will hold on to them anytime she is in it and always falls asleep holding them.
- Still having sleeping issues (she can't sleep swaddled and can't sleep unswaddled. It's a lose/lose situation). Yeah, we just don't sleep around here. At ALL. And I've tried EVERYTHING. Holy moly I might die of sleep deprivation any day now. Moving on...
- She giggles more and more everyday and has started "talking" like crazy. I absolutely love hearing her cute little voice.
- Food intolerances are for sure over, besides chocolate (dang!), and some food I have to avoid for her reflux (citrus, spicy, and anything with citric acid).
- I've been trying to read books to her for a while, unsuccessfully, but just recently she has started to pay attention to the pages and laugh at my crazy voices/fluctuations that are necessary to keep her attention during said book reading. I think I would be embarrassed to read that way in front of any other human being, but if it makes Lucy happy.... :)

1 comment:
You are totally and completely stressing me out! I am months behind and you are so on top of life. You are such a good mom! I need to take lessons from you!
Post a Comment