Friday, March 30, 2012

Rice Cereal

We gave Lucy rice cereal for the first time yesterday and let's just say she was more interested in eating her bib than the rice cereal. I think the problem is that she HATES formula and I made the cereal with formula because I was too lazy to pump and was hoping the formula would be heavier in her belly (an obvious attempt to make her sleep better). Today, I made the cereal with water instead and she ate it all up at two different times and seemed to be pretty happy with herself for doing it (which may also have been because I was clapping and cheering with every bite)! Also, she mimics anything Ryan and I do with our mouths so I got down to her level and made chewing-type motions with every bite. Lo and behold, she copied me and chewed/swallowed! Let's hope this helps keep her a little more full and helps her sleep better at night (if that was/is even the problem).