Friday, February 28, 2014

Another catch-up post (hopefully the last)

These series of pictures of the girls are not the best quality and I'm too lazy to try and edit them, but I thought the girls looked pretty cute and they had a fun time playing around on my bed.  And these pictures probably all look the same to everyone else, but I love them each individually because of the different looks or smiles they have in each one.
I was playing with Lucy one day and had to stop to help Claire for a little while.  When I came back, she was totally in her own world for a long time.  I love watching her play by herself, especially when she doesn't know I'm watching.  She set up each piece in the pictures below very deliberately.  She had something going on in her head and I'm not sure what.  She did this exact same setup the next day or two as well. It's like her princesses were putting on a little play and the bookshelves were their stage.  I loved it.
 She even put the baskets on each side.
 Lucy refused to nap one day, so I put a bunch of books and a box of toys in with her.  A few minutes later, every inch of her crib was covered with stuff.  And of course she fell asleep on top of it after a while and I had to wake her up shortly after that if I wanted her to go to bed at night (it was already almost 5pm).
The temperature "warmed up" (relatively speaking) and we were all going crazy inside, so I loaded up my girls and went for a run around whatever streets were snow and ice free.  Claire zonked out and Lucy climbed on top of her and started shouting her name in her face just to wake her up and have some fun! haha.  We buckled her in after that.
 We brought out all of our bikes and outside toys, and several neighbors joined in the fun.
 We still had to wrap up pretty warm!
A week or so ago when we were bored and stuck inside, we decided to give Claire some rice cereal and see how she did.  She really liked it and eventually figured out (kind of) how to suck off the spoon and not spit it all right back out with her tongue.  After that experience though, I was reminded how messy feeding a baby is and haven't given it to her since then.  We'll give it another month. :)
 Lucy was playing in my room while I was in the bathroom getting ready one morning and she sat in the corner with a bunch of her dollhouse dolls and ripped up most of the tissues left in a kleenex box.
 She then got up on the bed and sprinkled the pieces around like snow.  As if we didn't have enough outside already. :)  But I like her imagination.
 One day while driving in the car, Ryan looked back in his mirror and realized Lucy was putting two fingers in her nose at once.  She thought she was hilarious, as did we.  But of course this just encouraged it more, so it was the last time we laughed at it.  Thankfully she's already forgotten about it.
Claire sat up for the first time all by herself last Sunday (February 23rd)!  She did it for a solid 5 minutes at least and has done it each day since.  People always dread when their babies become more mobile, but since mine hate laying down and being put in anything like swings and bouncers, I get excited to have them get more mobile so they can be entertained easier and be happier not being held.
After getting dressed a few days ago, Lucy decided to put her pajama shirt on her head like this and call it her "hat."  She left it like this for a while and acted like it was no big deal until I asked her about it and started laughing and took a picture of it.  Silly girl!

No comments: