Thursday, February 13, 2014

Claire: 4 months

(She actually turned 4 months about 1.5 weeks ago, back on the 3rd, but I'm  a little behind).

Oh man, we love our little Claire bear!  She is just so darn cute and smiley and generally happy to be around.  We had a week during this last month where she was sick and I think teething and her reflux was out of control and she was a fussy mess.  But, we got it all worked out and she's back to her happy, normal self!

Height: 90th %
Weight: 50th %
  • Best three words to describe her right now: twelve straight hours.  She's done it a few times and it's amazing.  Even though she was only waking up once, it still interrupts sleep.  I just read my "4 months" post from Lucy and it was talking about how we never slept and she couldn't sleep and how sleep deprived we all were.  I remember how depressing that was with no end in sight.  But I also really needed Claire to be a good sleeper or I don't know how I would survive taking care of Lucy too this time around!
  • She's smiling like crazy!  I love that when I call out Claire's name from somewhere else in the room, she gets a big huge smile immediately and looks around until she finds me.
  • The bottom two teeth are starting to push up.  They're puffy, she's drooling a ton, and constantly has a few fingers she's chomping on.
  • Lifts up her head a lot.  Today she was almost doing mini pushups and lifting most of her body off the floor.
  • Claire's feet touch the end of her little bathtub and she kicks back and forth to each foot, pushing against the end over and over.  It's like her own little game.  Or talent show.  Or something.
  • She "talks" like crazy, especially if you talk with her.
  • Claire got really sick.  She had a terrible cough that was scary to listen to, and she also had an ear infection.  Poor girlie.  (She still slept good, for the most part!)
  • Grabs toys and is totally entertained by them, especially her rattles and o-ball and plays with them for minutes at a time.
  • Started hanging out in the little fisher price bouncer/jumper thing, although she is far from touching the floor.  But I think she likes the new scenery and the fact that she can be up and not lying down. 
  • She lays on her back on the floor and watches basketball with Ryan.  She really will sit and watch sports on the tv for a long time, sometimes she will even fall asleep there.  Not that we leave her on the floor for hours at a time.
  • Claire is super ticklish! She especially laughs every time you tickle her ribs and belly.
  • She rolled over one time, totally on accident, and I saw it all thanks to our video camera.  
Oh, and her cheeks are still super chubby and perfect.
 So close but not quite.
Can't you just tell that sweetness radiates from this cute girl?  It does.  And I need to get more on top of this headband thing because she's deprived of them these days.
Oh, hello, mini-Ryan (at least I think so).

 This girl sleeps on her belly, so when I looked up and she was on her back, I was shocked!
 There have many many times lately where she just falls asleep on the floor, on our bed, wherever she is laying.  Babies seriously do this?! Amazing.
 Oh, hello Claire!  I think Lucy may have gotten ahold of my phone and snapped away- like she always does.
And some videos.  I love both of these.  And apparently she wears this outfit a lot because it's in every video.



1 comment:

Megan & Matt said...

She is beyond adorable. I want to eat her cheeks!