Sunday, May 16, 2010

Our two week long celebration

I've come to realize that if you try to plan something, it probably won't happen. That's just life... and what happened for our first-year wedding anniversary. First, at the beginning of the week we cashed in a See's gift card and got ourselves a pound of chocolate, which we happened to do this same time last year so that we had some good chocolate on our honeymoon. It will most likely be a tradition now (and a very good one!).

Since our actual anniversary was on a Sunday, we were going to go out to dinner and a movie on Saturday and then just hang out at home and make a nice dinner on Sunday. Well, Saturday morning Ryan had to take a final, which took ALL day (it was already long and he had missed two days of class- out of 8 total- so it took forever). By the time we were supposed to leave, he was only halfway through and his computer froze on him and we thought he had lost most of his exam (which was in essay form). Luckily, we were able to retrieve it all. Once he finally finished, we were starving and the wait at every restaurant we wanted to go to was at least 2 hours long... so we did the next best thing and picked up some Pei Wei (great idea!) and a redbox and hung out at home. The next day, Ryan made me dinner which consisted of chicken cordon bleu, salad, and broccoli. It was AMAZING, but I wasn't surprised because I've always known what a good cook he is.

And of course, dessert was the traditional top layer of our cake. The whole time it's been wrapped up, we couldn't remember what the big bump on top was, and we finally got to see that it was a flower. Thanks to Amy's awesome wrapping skills, our cake was preserved well and it tasted really moist and really good still (which I was very surprised about)!

Finally, we made it to The Cheesecake Factory on Monday for dinner and it was delish. Of course we couldn't leave without getting some cheesecake to go... lemon raspberry for me, and white chocolate raspberry for Ry (but we split them half and half so we could try both).

All day Monday I wasn't feeling very well and by the time dinner was done, I didn't think I could handle watching a movie, so we went home and saved the movie for the weekend. Friday night we went and saw How To Train Your Dragon in 3D, which was SUCH a good movie and so funny... it was definitely not just a kid show!

That concluded our anniversary celebration that was one day stretched across two weeks, and I loved getting to celebrate it for so long!

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Fun! Lemon Raspberry is my favorite from there.

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a good one even though some of your plans fell through. I'm dying for that box of See's candy!

Megan & Matt said...

I just checked your blog after a long time. 1. Happy Anniversary. 2. Congrats on the pregnancy. 3. I wish I would have thought of that stint :)