(Warning: Picture OVERLOAD!)
Who: Team "Are We There Yet?"
Van 1: Ryan H., Sarah, Chad, Kyle, Brian, Josh; Van 2: Ryan M., Craig, JR, Brittney, Marc, Janae
What: 200 miles of running in So Cal
Where: Ventura to Dana Point
When: April 23-24, 2010
Why: Because we're crazy... and fun.
Team "Are We There Yet?" right before the race:
Van decorating:
Van #2 at the start line:
The question mark after "sleep" is so, so appropriate:
Rag-tats:
Most people get into good shape training for this race. Others, not so much.... (jk, Janae).
Typical line for the bathrooms at each exchange. The girls in front of me in line were talking about the "creeper taking pictures of the girls in the bathroom line." I told them it was my husband and then the rest of our wait was a bit awkward. I've got another great bathroom line story but that will have to be for another time.
At 6:30 p.m. everyone was required to wear a reflective vest, head lamp, and LED light at all times. Here were are sporting our stylish night fashion:
The men of van #2 waiting to cheer on Janae:
One of the main exchanges was on the Santa Monica pier. Here we are at 2 am!
Finally catching some zzzz's on the beach (or in the van for those of us that prefer warmth):
Our biggest fan showed up to cheer us on (his other sign--not pictured-- said "run super fast as you can"):
The three women on the team:
The beautiful finish line on the beach:
The end (and we all lived to breath and tell about it):
TWO Ragnars, done and done. And now we're on to planning our third! Anyone want to join? :)

5 comments:
Are you kidding Britt? You are a-mazing! I LOVE all the pics and I really can't believe you ran the night away. You're my inspiration B-Dawg!
Awww that is awesome. I am super impressed. It looks so fun and I am sure hard and tiring!! I would love to do one!?!? Great job!!
So impressed yet again!! I'm going to email you back soon... i swear!
That looks like such an awesome route. I have many fond memories of rollerblading from San Clemente to Dana Point; running from Ventura to Dana Point definitely has me beat. You guys should make it up to the bay area for a race.
It's time to tell. . . . the rest of the story!! You know. . . the other bathroom line story! To bad there's not a picture to go with that one! Love mom
Post a Comment