Saturday, April 21, 2012

Five months

Lucy is 5 months!  I can't believe she has been here for almost half of a year.  She is SO much fun these days.  Seriously, there's lot's of smiles and giggles around here.  I am three days late on this post, but here's the latest and greatest of Lucy at 5 months:
  •  Let's start with sleep.  She sleeps!!  Yes, she sleeps.  Thank you so so much to everyone for their tips, encouragement, etc.  On a typical night now, she will sleep from about 8pm until 7am, waking up once at about 4am to eat.  Although, she has always woken up crying one other time before her middle of the night feeding and I haven't quite figured that out yet, but she goes back to sleep quickly and hopefully she's done with that for a while.  Anyway, Ryan and I feel so much more rested already.  It's amazing the difference it makes in your day when you get a few more consecutive hours of sleep.
  • She found her feet and is constantly grabbing them, playing with them, and trying to suck them. 
  • She watches our every move at dinner.  She will follow our fork from the plate to our mouth while drooling and smacking her lips.  haha.  
  • She struggled with eating and gaining weight yet again (can this cycle please stop?) and I had to take her to the doctor.  Turned out she was constipated, which apparently makes little babies feel full, thus making her not want to eat.  Some milk of magnesia has been helping remedy that situation.
  • Lucy loves going on walks outside (as long as we are holding her.  She continues to dislike her car seat).
  • Every evening when Ryan gets home he says how much bigger she looks. 
  • She always crosses her ankles.  Every time I put her on the floor her little legs go straight out and she crosses her feet.
  • Still refuses to take a bottle.
  • Does a really good job at paying attention while we read her books.
  • She sucks on her fingers like crazy and has been pulling her fingers against her bottom gums until they snap away from her face.  She likes doing that for some reason.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Those pictures are so sweet! She looks adorable! I'm so glad her night time sleeping has improved! Yay! I'm dying to know what tricks you used... I haven't talked to you in a while. We'll have to get in touch this week. Yay Lucy!

Julie said...

I'm so glad Lucy is sleeping better now! It does make such a huge difference in how you feel. It seems like 5 months and up it just gets better. Caden never liked his car seat either!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Way to go lulu! I need to talk to you, it has been too long! I am so glad that things are getting better for all of you. I heard that she just started taking a bottle now too? Maybe that was a rumor. :) Gosh I miss you guys! Wish we could see you more often.

Colette said...

YESSS!!! success on the sleep!! I'm so glad your family is doing better in that aspect! I imagine that was taking quite the toll on you!

ashlee said...

So happy to hear that Lucy SLEEPS!!!! You're an amazing mom!!

Courtney said...

Yay!
She is a cutie.
I think the first year of child rearing is BRUTAL, it gets better, so if you are having a hard day, just hang in there. Some people love the baby stage, but that person would not be me. :)
Wish you lived close to me!
BTW, I went to Joe Vera's last month when I was in Utah and it was AMAZING and I TOTALLY thought of you and missed you!

Rachael said...

I wish you lived closer so I could see you guys more! Good Job LUlu!!