Sunday, April 1, 2012

Travel

So we recently got back from our vacation and we had such a blast! We flew from Ohio to LAX on Saturday, March 17th and stayed at Marc & Michelle's house for a couple nights. Then on Monday, we headed to the beach down in the San Diego area, where we stayed for the week. Ryan's parents and all of his siblings and their spouses and kids were there that day as well, except for Kevin & Amy and their kids who all joined us on Wednesday night that week. We had such a fun family reunion (more details on the reunion to come in its own post), and were sad when we had to leave. Then on Sunday, March 25th, Ryan, Lucy, and I drove with Ryan's parents from California to Utah where we visited with friends and family for two days. We flew home on Wednesday, March 28th.

Everyone has asked us how it was doing all of that traveling with a 4-month-old, and honestly it went way better than I expected! On the flights out, Lucy was mostly awake and happy, with the exception of some tears on the decent when our ears were all popping (I tried nursing and pacifiers like everyone recommended but it didn't work. I have terrible ears when it comes to flying so maybe Lucy inherited that). Our first flight home was the same, but our second flight was only about half full and they let us take her car seat on, which she was already sleeping in, and hook that into her own seat. She slept the entire flight and all the way home, too! Thank goodness because she needed that sleep!
The drive from California to Utah was what I was most worried about since she would have to be in a car seat the whole time and in Lucy's opinion, the car seat is the devil. But she was actually very happy almost the entire drive! She didn't sleep until the very end besides a little 20 minutes cat nap here and there but she was still content. That was a total blessing. A funny part of the drive was when I had to lay her on my lap to change a diaper. I was sitting in the middle seat and in the middle of changing her diaper I realized she had scooted forward a little bit and her head was completely off my knees and she was happily staring at Marc and Janae in the front seat. Ha! That must have been a new, interesting view! It was pretty funny.
She had already started lifting her head in this picture, so it was even farther back than this! haha.

No comments: