Sunday, April 29, 2012

More from April

So I titled this post before I actually wrote it, and it should really just read, "mostly another Lucy update."  So here you have it... mostly another Lucy update. :)

I had to make a "fun" dessert for a church activity, and since I have no ounce of craftiness in me, which especially applies to baking and cake-making, I found the easiest fun-looking dessert I could find online and copied it.  I figured it would be hard to really mess up basic cupcakes.
I had to get an MRI and found out when I got there that I couldn't nurse Lucy for 24-48 hours afterwards due to a dye injection that they had to give me.  I had been trying to get her to take a bottle for over a month with no success.  I had no other option but to go cold turkey on nursing for the day, and it worked!  She refused to eat for 5 hours straight and then she sucked dry every other bottle after that.  It was weird pumping out very blue milk for the next 24 hours!  I am happy to say that, even a week later, she will now do both- nurse and take a bottle.  Just what I've been wanting!  It's such a relief.  And I can wear a dress to church now, which pretty much doubles my outfit choices.  Might I also mention that towards the beginning of those 24 hours that I couldn't nurse Lucy, I made sure to pound down all of the food I can't normally eat while nursing her, such as pizza and ice cream. Ha!  Oh, and my mom even got her to hold her own bottle!
Just the other day Lucy was pretty hungry and as I was about to feed her, I thought, why not try some of the baby food I got her? She refused it a week or two earlier, but this time she gobbled up the whole thing, and washed it all down with a full bottle, too!  In these pictures it was squash, but she's had carrots as well.  This baby food stuff though is messy business... by the time we were done, there was squash everywhere (hair, clothes, hands, face... on both Lucy AND me!).
Lucy was so tired the other day but she was only about an hour away from bedtime so I put her in her swing for a little bit with a doll.  She sat there zoned out in her own little world like this until Ryan came home from work.  It was cute.
I think Lucy went through a big growth spurt.  For a few days she was pretty grouchy and fussy and was tired after being awake for only 30 minutes at a time.  After those few days she was all of a sudden super duper happy and not as fussy as usual, and she had gained a pound, too (that's a lot considering she gains weight at a snail's pace).  Anyway, this video is just a little glimpse of our happy Lucy!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love the rainbow cupcakes! They are really cute! And, Lucy's adorable like always! :)

jastalfam said...

I just can't wait till this summer to actually spend time with my little miss lucy!!!! she is so cute! way to go girlie on taking a bottle and starting to eat more real food!

ElliottMom said...

The cupcakes are ADORABLE!

And, all of posts will probably involve Miss Lucy forever. :) It's what the people want. LOL So nice to read such a happy sounding post, glad y'all are doing well. We miss you!