We planned on moving Claire into a big bed in Lucy's room when the baby got here, so baby brother could take the crib in the other room. Well it just hit me one day that time was short on getting that done before the baby comes, especially knowing there would be a transition period of sorts. So I hopped on Craigslist to look for another white bed frame for Claire's bed, assuming I would just get another random white one. Much to my surprise, there was the exact same bed that I had gotten Lucy on Craigslist two years ago! So I jumped on it and bought it and now their room probably looks a bit cuter than it would have with non-matching beds. The first few nights were rough. Claire just LOVED being in that room with Lucy and in her own big bed, that she couldn't settle down. We kept hearing her say over the monitor "I so cited! I really cited, Lucy!" along with some giggles (fyi, "cited" means excited). But after about 3 hours of keeping Lucy awake, and Lucy crying from it, we would go get Claire and put her back in her crib, which she did not want at all. She kept saying "I can't get out my crib!" and was pretty scared to go back in by herself. Well, after 2 or 3 nights of that, things finally started to get better and she knew we meant business when we told her to lay back down and be quiet! Now they are about as good as they are going to get, I think. It's so nice to have this all worked out before the baby gets here!
Logan 2 months
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment